- Relief of situational anxiety
- Suitable for short-term use
- Well tolerated
Propranolol tablets belong to a group of medicines called beta-blockers. It has effects on the heart and circulation and also on other parts of the body. Commonly used to treat conditions including tremors and palpitations.
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Next-Day Delivery
Order before 3pm
What is Propranolol?
Propranolol is a prescription medication used to treat the clinical symptoms of anxiety, including flushing, coughing, sweating, and high heart rate. Take the medication 30-60 minutes before any stressful scenario.
What are the uses of it?
Among all uses the most common uses of Propranolol includes the reduction of rapid heartbeat and the improvement in the symptoms of social anxiety i.e hot flushes, sweating and trembling.
Is Propranolol addictive?
Propranolol is not regarded as addictive and has no significant adverse effect. You should take a dosage of 10 mg-40 mg before any scenario you believe may contribute to anxiety.
- If you suffer from situational performance anxiety, it is recommended that you take 1-4 pills before any stressful scenario.
- You can buy Propranolol tablets from Access Doctor to help with symptoms of situational anxiety and discomfort.
- Propranolol dosage must be increased to reduce the frequency of daily migraines.
How does it Propranolol
Prevention from overworking in stressful situations:
- The medication is a beta-blocker, a kind of medication that was first designed to treat heart problems
- This modest dose has a small but substantial impact on the heart and blood vessels, sparing the heart from fatigue under stressful situations
- It inhibits the effects of the stress hormone norepinephrine, which aids in combating the real symptoms of unease or worry
- Helping from physical symptoms of anxiety
- Propranolol treats anxiety-related physical symptoms such as restlessness, flushing, an increased heart rate, and perspiration
- It manages anxiety-related behavioural symptoms such as anxiousness and a cloudy or empty mind
When is Propranolol a suitable option?
Propranolol 10mg pills aids in the reduction of physical symptoms associated with anxiety, such as:
- A rapid pulse rate
Propranolol does not address the psychological symptoms of anxiety, which include the following:
- Tension or nervousness
- Having a feeling of foreboding
Where can I get this medicine from?
- Purchasing Propranolol from an online pharmacy such as Access Doctor is appropriate in some cases
- Most people experience stress when they are under duress or are required to perform a task. If these symptoms occur seldom and the worry caused by them does not interfere with your daily life, it might be easier to complete an online health evaluation and obtain your prescription without needing to see your own GP
- Propranolol is unlikely to be the appropriate medicine for you if you find that your anxiety is becoming more prevalent in your daily life if you discover that it prevents you from doing things or if it causes you to have less enjoyment from things. In these such cases, it is better to speak to a doctor or GP in-person to treat and manage the condition
Can I stop taking Propranolol suddenly?
Sudden withdrawal from long-term use of beta-blockers is not recommended. Access Doctor only sells Propranolol for the purposes of treating situational anxiety and should only be used as and when required.
For treatment of high blood pressure, angina or any other condition, you should speak to your own doctor or GP to obtain a prescription.
What is the Propranolol dosage for situational anxiety
- Take 10-40mg, 20-30 minutes in advance, to treat anxiety issues with Propranolol. Start by taking 1 10 mg tablet 3 times a day if you regularly manage situational anxiety with Propranolol.
- If required, you may raise the dose to four pills.
- It can be taken without a meal.
- Take the tablet as soon as you can if you miss a dosage unless you almost take the following dose.
Can it cause weight gain?
Does Propranolol cause weight gain?
Older beta-blockers like Propranolol may occasionally lead to weight gain because they decrease the body's capacity to burn fat – but this is less probable when used at the dosage for anxiety therapy. Maintaining a healthy, herbal diet and regular exercise can assist – and benefit – your anxiety will help.
Alcohol and Propranolol
Propranolol reduces your pulse rate. What may happen if you drink while on beta-blockers is that your pulse lowers much more, resulting in disorientation and, in the worst-case scenario, fainting. Individuals using beta-blockers should thus limit their wine and alcohol use.
Side effects & precautions
What are the side effects of Propranolol?
Propranolol like all other medications can cause side effects in some people.
These can include:
- Chilly extremities (these symptoms tend to go away as you continue taking the medicine)
- The syndrome of Raynaud
- Slow or inconsistent heartbeat.
Avoid using it and talk to a doctor or pharmacist if you are nervous about these symptoms or if the medication impacts you in some other way.
Do not use Propranolol if:
- If you have had any recent cardiac issues.
- If you suffer from low blood pressure issues.
- If you have Type 1 diabetes.
- If you are fasting.
- If you have any allergies.
- If you have any respiratory issues.
- You have constant chest pain.
- You have elevated blood pressure caused by a tumour (phaeochromocytoma) near the kidneys
Consult your doctor if you plan on taking Propranolol if:
- You have a medical history
- You have renal or hepatic issues.
- You have blood pressure issues
- Thyroid hyperactivity symptoms, such as weight loss and increased hunger (hyperthyroidism)
Propranolol may cause complications if taken in combination with the following medicines:
- Verapamil and diltiazem
- Quinidine and amiodarone
- Ergotamine derivatives
- Medicines for diabetes including insulin, lidocaine, propafenone or flecainide
- Digitalis glycosides such as digoxin
- Other medicines used to treat high blood pressure
- Monoamine-oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Imipramine or fluvoxamine
(The above list is not exhaustive. Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medication and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take).
How can I buy Propranolol?
If you have already been diagnosed with situational anxiety by your own GP, you can purchase Propranolol online through Access Doctor.
Simply complete our online health evaluation form, and one of our prescribers will review the order. Once approved, the order will be processed by our pharmacy team and posted out to you.
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.