What is Warticon used for?
Warticon cream is used to treat genital warts in both men and women
How does Warticon work?
Warticon contains an active ingredient called Podophyllotoxin.
This is a plant derivative and works as an antiviral against the human papilloma virus that causes genital warts.
How is Wartion used?
· Apply Warticon twice a day for three consecutive days, then stop for next four days, which completes one cycle of treatment
· Warticon should be applied directly onto the affected area, making sure the treatment covers the whole area
· Wash your hands both before and after applying the treatment
· Wash the treatment area and make sure it is clean and dry before applying
What are the precautions with Warticon?
· Do not use warticon if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Warticon
· Avoid sexual intercourse whilst using warticon treatment
· Wartion is not licensed for use in children and adolescents under 18yrs old
· Warticon is not recommended for use during pregnancy and for breast-feeding mothers
· Do not apply Warticon to areas inside the penis, vagina or the rectum, except on external skin.
What are the side effects with using Warticon?
Common side effects include:
· Skin irritation including wearing away of the top layers of skin
· Skin irritation including redness, itching and burning sensation
· Allergic skin reaction and possible bleeding around the treatment site
(Please refer to the patient leaflet found inside the packet for more