Terms and Conditions
This service is provided by AccessDoctor. By using this service, you are confirming that you understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to your use of the AccessDoctor website (“www.accessdoctor.co.uk”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any medicine from our Website.
If you access the Website, and/or place an order for medicine, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions please do not use our Website.
These terms and conditions will be used as a reference at the time of any dispute. The AccessDoctor website is owned and operated by Pharmadocs (UK) Limited, registered in the UK at Unit 1, 223 East India Dock Road, London E14 0ED.
If you have any questions about our website please contact us:
Tel: 020 7538 4139 Email: [email protected]
Pharmadocs UK is a fully regulated company. AccessDoctor offers information, advice, consultation and treatment for a range of medical conditions. This service is provided by qualified UK Pharmacist independent prescribers who are registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). Our dispensing pharmacy is regulated by the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and can be trusted to deliver a high level of service by our qualified pharmacists.
1.2. Security, Privacy & data
Your privacy is crucial to us and the following information explains the extent of the measures we take to secure your data:
- AccessDoctor uses computing security technology, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to protect information processed through this website.
- We do not have access to your financial information which is securely transferred directly to our card processing agents, who securely process it on our instructions.
- During your visit to our site, we may gather your personal information that is necessary to set up your account, for the purposes of billing, ID verification and delivery of your medicine and queries. We only keep your information for as long as is necessary to process your order, process any applicable refunds, and respond to any complaints/feedback or to provide you with promotional information you have subscribed to.
- Electronic transmissions are never completely private or secure therefore we encourage customers to ensure that any computer (tablet or smartphone) you use to access your online patient record is suitably protected from potential interception.
- AccessDoctor complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will use the information you provide with other information we obtain about you to administer and provide the goods and/or services you request. We will not share your personal information with any organisation other than those directly involved in delivering these services, namely the dispensing pharmacy and the courier service. This service does not take responsibility to inform your regular GP of the medication prescribed by our doctors. If you want us to do this we would require your GP details and your consent.
- We are the data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other data protection legislation applicable in the UK.
1.3. Commitment Agreement
Our responsibility to you
Patient’s responsibility to us
● Professional responsibility and advice at all
● Provide accurate information
● provide a professional and transparent
● Confirm you are aged 18 or
● Prescribe in the best interest of the patient
● Comply with instructions on
● Take appropriate steps to protect patients’
● Notifying your GP is your
● Safe and Secure patient experience
● Notify our Pharmacy of any
1.4. Information and Advice
The information and advice provided by AccessDoctor when you use the service is based on the information you have supplied to us. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is 100% accurate and you accept that failure to do so (whether intentionally or not) will affect the information and advice we give to you and the medicines we supply to you and, as such, may have consequences for which we are not responsible. If you notice an error in your consultation form or patient details submitted, please get in contact with us ASAP.
All prices on this website are in GBP and include VAT unless expressly stated otherwise. We take care to ensure that all pricing information on our website is accurate but occasionally there may be an error. In the circumstance that an error has occurred and the price charged is higher than it should be, we will aim to identify all those that have overpaid and refund the difference.
1.6. Completed Orders
When you place an order for medicines or take up a service that involves the prescribing of medicines this will require us to perform an assessment of your clinical suitability for the medicines before the medicines can be approved for supply. You agree to us commencing this service and an assessment of your clinical suitability when you place the order and, as such if you cancel your order once the prescription has been issued you will not be eligible for a refund.
1.7. Concluding a binding contract
When we receive an order from you to purchase goods or services from us, we will confirm that we have received the order by sending a confirmation email to the contact email address that you supplied upon registering. Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any item we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
- Mental capacity act 2005 – You agree to consent care and treatment from our website has not been used in line with the Mental capacity act 2005
- No right of re-supply – you must not sell, supply to make available the products we have supplied to you.
- We are not liable for the harm to any other person who uses your prescription medication.
- Any information found in these terms and conditions may be enforced at a later date, if we delay in taking steps with respect to you breaking any part of our contract, it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date.
- if a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs in these terms and conditions operates separately, if any court or authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full effect.
In providing payment card details, you confirm that you are authorised to use the card and authorise us, or our payment service provider, to take payment in full for the items in your order and any associated postage and packaging fees and any other charges that become due to us under these terms and conditions.
1.9. Authorisation of orders for medicines
Our prescribers can only make a decision as to whether it is in the best interests of the patient to receive medicine when the prescriber has all relevant information. On occasion, this may require the prescriber to ask the patient for additional information further to the information that was provided in response to an online questionnaire.
2.0. Postage Costs
Postage and packaging are free for all order, additional costs are incurred for special delivery.
2.1. Delivery of orders
Medicines will be dispatched the same day if the order has been approved by our doctor before the cut-off time of 16:00 (weekdays only). All medicines for delivery by post are sent out using Royal Mail 1st class signed for or Next day guaranteed depending on which service you select.
2.2. Returns Policy
Medicinal products cannot be returned due to the legislation governing the sale and supply of medicines in the UK. Cancelling your order: In order to cancel your order please either phone or email us at the earliest instance. Please note our doctors sometimes issue prescriptions within minutes or hours of an order being placed in which case you will be liable for the prescription fee but eligible for a full refund of the remaining costs including medicine and postage. Please note there is a refund processing fee of £5.00.
2.3. Refunds Policy
Medicines legally cannot be returned or reused. They can only be destroyed securely, please make sure you order the correct medicine in the correct strength and the correct form. The refund period starts from when you submit your payment details until our prescriber accepts your consultation and issues a prescription, you will be notified via email once your prescription has been issued and the order has been accepted. Unfortunately, once the process has been carried out by our team, you will not be eligible for a refund thereafter. If you are still within the window, please contact us asap on 020 7538 4139 and we can cancel your order if it has not been accepted by the prescriber yet.
Failed ID Check. We only supply medicines to patients who pass ID verification. So please ensure you put your correct details on the form when checking out. If the ID check requests further documents, we will send you an email requesting these documents and the order will not be processed until you can send us your documents so we can verify your ID (passport or driving license). Failure to pass the ID check will result in your order not being processed, If your ID check fails, you may request a refund for your order. Please note there is a refund processing fee of £5.00.
2.4. Complaints Procedure
We aim to maintain 100% customer satisfaction, but we realise there may be instances where this is not the case. We operate a continuous improvement policy in customer care and try our best to get things right the first time. If you are unhappy with anything please contact us immediately and our staff will be more than happy to rectify any issues you may have. For complaints please direct your concerns to: [email protected] We will endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours. If it is more of an urgent matter, please phone us instead to rectify any issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
2.5. Signed for deliveries
- Signed for: Access Doctor is liable for misplaced items and redelivery of items in this case.
- Standard delivery: It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to sign for any medicines that are delivered at your chosen delivery address or to collect the medicine from Royal Mail yourself. The person signing for medicines does not need to be the named patient. You acknowledge and accept that we have no control over the postal system and we have no liability in respect of items that are not received by you after we have dispatched them. It is your responsibility to ensure that the person signing for the medicines delivers them to you.
2.6. Notification of errors
You should check the content of each delivery promptly upon receipt. If you believe that items have been sent to you in error you should contact us immediately on 020 7538 4139 or email us at [email protected]
2.7. Information on this website
We take care to ensure that all information available on our website about our business, services and any products mentioned is accurate. However, some things may develop or chance leading to the information being out of date occasionally. The general medical information provided on the website is not a substitute for specific and personalised medical advice and should not be read or used as such. Links to other websites: AccessDoctor provides links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties such as health resources. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
2.8. Third party rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, nor shall it grant a benefit on any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and a person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no rights to enforce them.
2.9. Our right to vary T&Cs
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions that are in force at the time that you order goods from us unless:
- Any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, in which case the changes may apply to orders previously placed by you; or
- We notify you of any changes to these terms and conditions before we accept your order, in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the goods.
3.0 Governing Law
- The Agreement and these Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Unless any alternative dispute resolution procedure is agreed between the parties, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in respect of any dispute which arises out of or under this Agreement.
3.1. Access to our site
- AccessDoctor is intended for the residents of the United Kingdom. We are not promoting this content will be accurate for other locations outside the UK.
- We may restrict part or all of our website from users and any new users
- If you share your password with a third party, we have the right to disconnect your account
- Pharmadocs.co.uk is not to be used as an emergency service, please contact 999 for an emergency 111 if the emergency is not life-threatening.
3.2. Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the license holders for all of through intellectual property rights on our website and the material published on it. All rights are reserved.
- You may not modify, translate, or distribute any of our content from the website, this includes, writings, blog posts, product descriptions, condition descriptions, images, logos, illustrations, graphics or audio. If you wish to use any of our material please contact us to gain written permission beforehand.
- You must not use any of our material on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence and written permission from us.
- you may use our content on social media for the purpose of information sharing of medical conditions we hold information about if you reference our website as the owners.
3.3. Our Liability
- The information we provide on our website is without guarantee, nor do we provide a guarantee to its accuracy. We have used the most reliable sources possible, however, we are unable to give a guarantee on this information.
- we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you, where it would be unlawful to do so.
- we only provide our site for domestic and private use, you agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, we carry no liability for any loss or profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
3.4. Virus, hacking, security issues
- We do not guarantee our website is 100% secure from virus, or methods of hacking
- You are responsible for keeping your computer, internet browser and internet connection secure in order to gain access to our website
- You must not knowingly introduce any viruses, worms, logic bombs, trojans or any other harmful technology to our website.
- You must not try to gain unauthorised access to our site, our server, the server of any of our 3rd party integrations, databases connected to our website.
- By breaching this clause 24, you are committing a criminal offence in the UK under the computer misuse actually 1990. We will immediately report such breach to the enforcement authorities and come out-operate with all authorities by disclosing
your personal information and identity to them. Your right to use our website will cease in this event.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a ‘distributed denial of service attack’, trojans, viruses or any other technology harmful to computer equipment.
- If you download any item from our website such as a content, images (this list is not exhaustive) we are not liable for any harm to your computer caused whilst downloading such material