- Oestrogen only
- Treats menopausal symptoms
- Easy to use memory patches
Evorel Conti belongs to a group of medicines called hormone replacement therapy (HRT). The hormone is spread evenly in each patch. It passes slowly into your body through the skin.
About Evorel Conti
What is Evorel Conti?
Evorel Conti belongs to a group of medicines called hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Evorel contains two medicines:
- An oestrogen (estradiol)
- A progestogen (norethisterone)
They are both female hormones.
The hormones are spread evenly in each patch. They pass slowly into your body through the skin.
What Evorel Conti is used for?
- For the symptoms of the menopause
- To prevent osteoporosis (fragile bones) in women who have had menopause and are most likely to have bone problems.
- Evorel is only used if other medicines for osteoporosis have been tried first and they have not worked
How does it work?
- Evorel Conti is known as ‘continuous combined HRT. This is because both hormones in the patch are released all the time.
- Evorel patches replace the oestrogen that is normally released by the ovaries. However, in women who still have a womb, taking an oestrogen hormone regularly may cause the lining of your womb to build up and get thicker.
- This means it is necessary to add a progestogen hormone to the oestrogen
- This helps shed the lining of the womb and stop any problems from happening
- Most women do not have a regular monthly period with Evorel. However, bleeding or spotting does often occur in the first few months until treatment settles down.
- Evorel is not a contraceptive. If it is less than 12 months since your last menstrual period or you are under 50 years old, you may still need to use additional contraception to prevent pregnancy. Speak to your doctor for advice.]
DocumentationEvorel Conti Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.