- Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory treatment
- Helps with skin infections
- Effective for short-term use
Fucibet cream contains 2 different ingredients. Fusidic acid, a type of antibiotic, and betamethasone, a type of corticosteroid. The antibiotic helps treat the skin infection and the corticosteroid reduces any swelling, redness or itchiness of your skin.
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Next-Day Delivery
Order before 3pm
About Fucibet Cream
What is Fucibet Cream?
Fucibet is an antibiotic cream, commonly used to treat bacterial skin infections that also become inflamed.
It contains Fucidic acid 2% which treats skin infection and betamethasone valerate, a steroid that reduces inflammation of the skin.
How does it work?
Betamethasone is a corticosteroid that works on the skin cells by reducing the inflammation, itching and redness commonly associated with eczema and dermatitis.
Fucidic acid is an antibiotic that works by stopping the bacteria on the skin from multiplying and spreading. The bodies natural immune system then works to clear the infection.
Fucibet is therefore ideal for skin infections that are also associated with skin inflammation, eczema or dermatitis.
How to use Fucibet Cream
The usual dose is to apply Fucibet cream very sparingly to the affected area of the skin, one or two times a day.
Avoid getting Fucibet cream in the eyes, mouth, or nose. In case the cream accidentally gets in those areas, rinse it with cold water immediately.
It is recommended to use fucibet for short courses of treatment rather than continuously. This is because, with prolonged use, the bacterial strains can become resistant to the antibiotic, and also the corticosteroid can begin to thin the layers of skin, making it prone to cracking and bleeding.
If the infection does not clear up with seven days, you should see your doctor because he might need to prescribe an oral antibiotic to clear up the infection.
Side effects & precautions
Fucibet like all medication has potential side effects with its use, but not everyone will get them.
The following are common side effects of this medicine:
- Skin irritation, such as rash, redness, burning or itching on application. It may also result in allergic inflammation of the skin. Stop using the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience a reaction to your skin or if your skin condition worsens.
- Reduced skin pigmentation
- Thinning of the skin
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Prominent blood vessels under the skin
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
- Prolonged use of the medicine may result in the absorption of corticosteroids that may cause side effects on the other parts of the body.
- Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Avoid using Fucibet for a long time on your face to maintain effectiveness and reduce side effects.
Unless advised by your doctor, do not use Fucibet on open wounds or sensitive areas such as the nostrils, ears, lips or genitals.
- Unless advised by your doctor, do not use Fucibet on thin skin, skin ulcers, broken veins or acne.
Prolonged use of corticosteroids can lead to adrenal suppression. Signs are tiredness, depression and anxiety.
Fucibet should not be used during pregnancy unless the doctor considers its use essential. It should not be used also during breastfeeding unless the doctor considers its use necessary.
Applying a moisturiser before using Fucibet can dilute the effects of the corticosteroid, making it less effective. Therefore leaving at least a 30-minute gap between the application of a moisturiser and Fucibet is recommended.
How can I buy Fucibet cream?
You can buy Fucibet from Access Doctor after completing a short online health evaluation. Our prescribers will check it, and it will ensure that Fucibet is the right medication for your medical condition.
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.