- Suitable on broken skin
- Helps with skin infections
- Fast acting
Fucidin cream contains a topical antibiotic that helps treat minor bacterial skin infections.
All inclusive service
No hidden fees
Free Next-Day Delivery
Order before 3pm
About Fucidin Cream
What is Fucidin Cream?
Fucidin is an antibiotic cream containing fucidic acid, commonly used to treat bacterial skin infections.
How does Fucidin work?
Fucidic acid is an antibiotic that works by stopping the bacteria on the skin from multiplying and spreading. The bodies natural immune system then works to clear the infection.
Fucidin is ideal for treating skin infections that include:
- Impetigo (a weeping, crusty and swollen patch of skin)
- Infected dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) and spots
- Infected cuts and grazes
What is the correct dose of Fucidin?
The usual dose is to apply Fucidin cream very sparingly to the affected area of the skin, one or twice a day.
It is recommended to use fucidin for short courses of treatment rather then continuously. This is because with prolonged use, the bacterial strains can become resistant to the antibiotic.
Avoid getting Fucidin cream in the eyes, mouth, or nose. In case the cream accidentally gets in those areas, rinse it with cold water immediately.
If the infection does not clear up within seven days of starting treatment, you should see your own doctor for a review, or to prescribe an oral antibiotic for more effectiveness.
Side effects & precautions
Fucidin like all medication has potential side effects with its use, but not everyone will get them.
The following are common side effects of this medicine:
- Skin irritation, such as rash, redness, burning or itching on application. It may also result in allergic inflammation of the skin. Stop using the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience a reaction to your skin or if your skin condition worsens.
- Reduced skin pigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Prominent blood vessels under the skin
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
- Prolonged use of the medicine may result in the absorption of corticosteroid that may cause side effects on the other parts of the body.
Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
Avoid using Fucidin for a long time on your face to maintain effectiveness and reduce side effects.
Unless advised by your doctor, do not use Fucidin on open wounds or sensitive areas such as the nostrils, ears, lips or genitals.
Unless advised by your doctor, do not use Fucidin on thin skin, skin ulcers, broken veins or acne.
Fucidin should not be used during pregnancy unless the doctor considers its use essential. It should not be used also during breastfeeding unless the doctor considers its use necessary.
How can I buy Fucidin Cream?
You can buy Fucidin from Access Doctor after completing a short online health evaluation. Our prescribers will check it, and it will ensure that it is the right medication for your medical condition.
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.