- Treats acne
- Dual action treatment
- Contains Clindamycin and Tretinoin
- Anti inflammatory & antibiotic effect
Treclin Gel is an effective treatment for acne vulgaris.
Containing two active ingredients:
Clindamycin (1%), an antibiotic to reduce bacterial growth on the skin and on spots that become infected.
Tretinoin (0.025%), which works by slowing the production of sebum (an oily substance produced by the skin), and production of keratin (outer scales of skin) that block the pores of the hair follicle.
About Treclin Gel
What is Treclin gel?
Treclin gel is a topical acne treatment used for the treatment of moderate acne.
There is no over-the-counter version of this medicine, which can only be purchased with a prescription. It can be bought online from Access Doctor after completing our quick, online consultation.
It is marketed by Mylan and manufactured by Meda Pharmaceuticals. It is a translucent yellow gel that comes in 30g tubes.
How does Treclin gel treat acne?
The active ingredient in Treclin is a combination of two different substances;
- The antibiotic Clindamycin helps to kill acne-causing bacteria.
- The effect of Tretinoin is to reduce skin cell adhesion, which prevents dead skin cells from blocking follicles as they tend to stick together otherwise.
By combining the action of both ingredients, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules, papules, and redness can be treated.
It is more effective to use the two active ingredients together rather than individually.
Does Treclin Gel treat acne quickly?
If you want the maximum results from Treclin, you must apply it correctly and not stop as soon as you notice an improvement in your acne. You may need to use it for several weeks to achieve the intended results.
When NOT to use Treclin
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see the patient information leaflet for a complete list) or if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are planning a pregnancy
- Are allergic to clindamycin, tretinoin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Are allergic to lincomycin
- Have chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- Have a history of colitis with past antibiotic use which is characterised by prolonged or significant diarrhoea or abdominal cramps
- Or a member of your family have ever suffered from skin cancer
- Are suffering from acute eczema which is characterised by inflamed, red, dry and scaly skin
- Are suffering from rosacea, a skin disease which affects the face and is characterised by redness, pimples and peeling
- Are suffering from other acute inflammatory conditions of the skin, especially around the mouth
How to apply Treclin Gel
Use Treclin gel once daily before going to bed.
- Wash your face thoroughly with mild soap and warm water.
- Use a towel to dry.
- The gel should be applied with an amount the size of a pea on one fingertip, then dotted onto the chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead, before gently rubbing it throughout the face.
Treclin should not be used for more than 3 months without careful evaluation or consulting a physician. Improvement may not be noticed for several weeks following the beginning of treatment.
When you miss a dose of Treclin, just wait until the next dose at the usual time. Do not double the dose to compensate for a missed dose.
Buy Treclin Gel 30g UK Next Day Delivery
With Access Doctor, you can buy Treclin Gel 30g tube with free UK delivery. If you choose to take advantage of our next-day delivery service, you may do so after completing our consultation for acne treatment. Your medication will be delivered the next day to your home in discreet packaging once our doctor approves your request and you are eligible for treatment.
Treclin Gel reviews
Various reviews of Treclin Gel, containing Clindamycin and Tretinoin, have been conducted throughout the world. These reviews discuss its effects on acne as well as any side effects that have been experienced by individuals who have been prescribed the gel.
It appears that overall, the product shows excellent results on acne once the treatment has been continued for a sustained period of time.
Treclin Gel Before and After
Treclin has shown significant improvement in the majority of people who have used it as part of their acne treatment plan.
It is important to realise that the effects of Treclin treatments could be seen in different ways from person to person and that it may take several weeks before you begin to see any noticeable changes.
DocumentationPatient Information Leaflet
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.