- Effective treatment for BV
- Intra-vaginal application
- Treats symptoms quickly
Dalacin Cream 2%
Dalacin 2% is a vaginally applied cream used to treat bacterial vaginosis.
It contains an antibiotic, clindamycin phosphate, as its active ingredient.
The cream contains 20mg of clindamycin per gram and is manufactured by Pfizer.
About Dalacin Cream 2%
What is Dalacin Vaginal Cream?
Clindamycin phosphate is the antibiotic agent found in Dalacin cream.
In treating bacterial vaginosis (BV), the cream is directly inserted into the vagina to kill the bacteria causing the unpleasant, fishy discharge.
There are disposal applicators included with every Dalacin Cream box for simple and effective application.
You will feel more comfortable, relaxed, and confident within seven days of using Dalacin cream.
How does Dalacin Vaginal Cream work?
When the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina is disturbed, certain bacteria (like Gardnerella vaginalis) can overgrow, which can cause symptoms of BV.
Dalacin cream works by preventing this overgrowth of this bacteria. As a result, the body is able to maintain a natural balance of bacteria in the vagina and stop BV symptoms.
BV is not always accompanied by any symptoms. The most common symptom is an unusual discharge that has a strong fishy scent. This often occurs after sexual activity.
There may be a thin, watery discharge that is white or gray in colour. BV is usually not accompanied by soreness or itching.
Dalacin cream is only effective against BV and is ineffective against other vaginal infections, including STDs and thrush.
How to use Dalacin Vaginal Cream
Dalacin Cream should only be used as directed by your doctor. It should always be used according to the instructions in the pack.
It is usually recommended that the patient inserts one applicator full, equal to 5 grams, every night for seven days.
- Hands should always be washed before and after use.
- The cap of the tube should be removed, and a disposable plastic applicator should be screwed on.
- Push the cream into the applicator by squeezing the tube from the bottom.
- The applicator will be full once the plunger stops moving.
- Replace the cap onto the tube after removing the applicator.
- Lie on your back and insert the applicator up to a comfortable level into the vagina.
- Push the plunger of the applicator slowly until it stops and the cream is emptied.
- Discard the applicator immediately.
(Before using this medicine, please read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully).
Alternatives to Dalacin Vaginal Cream
BV can be treated with the following two antibiotics:
- Clindamycin (Dalacin cream)
- Metronidazole (Zidoval) gel
- Metronidazole oral tablets
Dalacin cream is administered once daily for seven days.
Metronidazole (Zidoval) gel is administered once daily for five days.
Both antibiotics are also available as tablets or capsules to be taken orally.
You can buy Metronidazole as an oral tablet as well as both topical creams directly from Access Doctor online. Simply complete our online health assessment and our doctors will check if the treatment is right for you.
DocumentationPatient Information Leaflet
We’re here to help.
Our friendly team is available to help Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
If you need urgent assistance, do not use this service. Call 111, or in an emergency call 999.